Tuesday 22 February 2011

Namaste bitches

To say that my best friend and I are obsessed with 90210 (the TV show, not the zip code...although one day that will be MY zip code) is to grossly understate the extent of our love for it.  I'm Naomi, she's Silver.  We watch new episodes as soon as they are out in America, we discuss it pretty much everyday, we argue over which guy we want to marry, and we post favourite quotes on each others Facebook walls.  So it was only natural that when I told Silver that I was looking for inspiration for my next blog that she said to me, 'Why don't you write about Naomi?!'.  Why don't I write about Naomi...well for a start, this is a fashion blog, and whilst she does have her moments of genius (THAT Paul and Joe dress that she wore to Ade's christmas party - see below), i'll be the first to admit that she's certainly no Carrie Bradshaw or Serena van der Woodsen.

But Naomi influences my fashion choices every single day.  Naomi is probably the reason that I feel comfortable wearing 5 inch block heels to lectures and why I wouldn't be seen dead in sweatpants in public, despite the fact that i'm an avid long distance runner.  She gets to the very root of my style and thinking, and for me, she embodies one of my fundamental beliefs - if you look good, you'll probably feel good too.  So Naomi, even though I very rarely feel compelled to go out and buy whatever it is you've been sporting in the most recent episode, your influence goes so much further than that, and for that, I thank you.

Namaste bitches!




Until next time xoxo

3 comments:

  1. XOXO.
    nomus dei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this show too! I kind of obsess with Silver style..I which I could have her clothes!
    Thanks for your comment I will follow you
    Jane

    ReplyDelete